The outreach committee holds on an “open sew” before each monthly meeting. These work days are always open for beginner to experienced quilters. Please plan on joining other members while you work on your own project or a project for one of the VSQ outreach committee groups.
Virginia Star Quilters donates about 100 lap quilts yearly (at Christmas time) to the Rappahannock Area Agency on Aging. The agency gives the quilts to seniors who would otherwise not receive anything at all for Christmas.
We also make walker bags for those who may have received a quilt in the past.
Virginia Star Quilters donates over 200 baby quilts a year to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and children’s unit of the Mary Washington Hospital.
Our charity and outreach groups sponsor the activities below:
- Heart & Soul – learn to quilt or work on a project in this open sew day
- Senior quilts (42″ x 60″) and walker bags Directions available here
- NICU baby quilts (24″ x 36″)
- Children’s quilts (36″ x 52″)
- Hope House quilts (60″x 70″)
- Leashes of Valor. Quilts for the veterans and travel pads for their canine partners. (55″ x 70″)
- Wounded Warriors (42″ x 60″)